Spay and Neuter in Bellevue, WA
Dog and cat spay and neuter is one of the most important health decisions you can make for your pet. It prevents unplanned pregnancies, reduces undesirable behaviors and also reduces the likelihood of certain cancers developing. Additionally, spay and neuter can help decrease animal overpopulation and help homeless pets find loving homes.
Caring for a pet means planning for the future. At Bellevue Value Pet Clinic, we understand that one-size-fits-all medicine does not take into account each pet's unique needs. We take a case-by-case approach to each patient, learning about their health history, lifestyle, personality, and circumstances. This way our veterinarians can give you clear information and help you understand your options. Call us at (425) 644-7002 to schedule an spay & neuter appointment in Bellevue today.
How Spaying and Neutering Benefits Pets
Through spay and neuter, your pets can experience the following benefits:
- No unwanted pregnancies
- Eliminates heat cycle and spotting
- Will be less likely to roam away from property to find a breeding partner
- Possibility of developing mammary or ovarian tumors will be reduced
- Possibility of developing pyometra, a severe uterine infection, will also be reduced
- Aggressive behavior will be reduced
- Will be less likely to run away in search of a breeding partner
- Inappropriate behaviors such as mounting other animals or objects will be reduced
- Will be less likely to develop prostate problems and testicular cancer
When To Spay or Neuter Your Dog or Cat
Choosing when to spay or neuter your dog and cat depends on various factors, including age, size, breed, medical history and lifestyle. Furthermore, your pet will need to be up to date with their wellness plans, vaccinations and parasite screens. A preliminary pre-anesthetic exam is always necessary to check for health problems.
Furthermore, we want to make sure that you are confident and informed about your decisions. If you have concerns about putting your pet through either of these surgeries, we would be glad to address them. You can call our hospital or bring your pet in to see one of our vets for an appointment. We look forward to assisting you in this important process! Call us at (425) 644-7002 to schedule an appointment.